A120 westbound re-opens near Ardleigh after vehicle fire
- Credit: Archant
The A120 towards Colchester from Tendring has closed for a period this evening while emergency services dealt with a car fire.
Highways England reported the route was closed between the A133 junction and the A12 at the Ardleigh Crown Interchange.
Although the vehicle blaze was quickly extinguished, there was damage to the carriageway and a “substantial fuel spillage”, the agency reported.
Traffic was being diverted via local routes.
Highways England said: “Please allow extra time for your journey should you be travelling in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
One driver on Twitter reported that traffic was queuing back to past where the A133 joins the A120 at Great Bromley.
Essex Police is advised motorists to avoid the area until the incident is resolved.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete