A120 westbound re-opens near Ardleigh after vehicle fire
- Credit: Archant
The A120 towards Colchester from Tendring has closed for a period this evening while emergency services dealt with a car fire.
Highways England reported the route was closed between the A133 junction and the A12 at the Ardleigh Crown Interchange.
Although the vehicle blaze was quickly extinguished, there was damage to the carriageway and a “substantial fuel spillage”, the agency reported.
Traffic was being diverted via local routes.
Highways England said: “Please allow extra time for your journey should you be travelling in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
One driver on Twitter reported that traffic was queuing back to past where the A133 joins the A120 at Great Bromley.
Essex Police is advised motorists to avoid the area until the incident is resolved.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees