‘Substantial leak’ shuts busy road in Suffolk town
- Credit: Archant
Part of a major road in a Suffolk town has closed due to a ‘substantial’ water leak.
A stretch of the A134 Springlands Way, in Sudbury, has shut while Anglian Water engineers repair the leak, which is near the junction of Grenville Road.
Suffolk Constabulary said cars were seen driving through the water but the road has since been closed.
The incident was reported to police at 6.13am, with engineers on the scene just after 7am.
It is not know at this time what caused the leak.
You may also want to watch:
The closure is likely to affect traffic heading to the Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win