A14 re-opens after car and lorry crash
- Credit: Su Anderson
The A14 is now back open again after a car and a lorry crashed on the eastbound carriageway earlier today.
Police were called to the scene of the collision at 6.06pm.
Officers arrived to find the car had gone into the central reservation and the accident was completely blocking the carriageway at junction 51 for the A140.
Two ambulances were also seen heading towards the scene but police are yet to confirm if there were any injuries.
There were severe delays of more than 30 minutes on the eastbound carriageway between junction 50 for the A1120 at Stowupland and junction 52 for Claydon.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England tweeted at 8pm: "Following your reports, Suffolk Police have confirmed a road traffic accident has happened on A14 eastbound J50 to J51. Suffolk Police are on scene with a lane 2 closure for recovery.
"Lane 1 is running past scene. Please approach with caution!"
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
However, they tweeted an update at 9.30pm to say: "**CLEARED** A14 eastbound J50 to J51, Suffolk Police recovery agents have safely recovered all vehicles off network.
"All lanes re-opened for safe travel."