A14 at Stowmarket to close TODAY as more temporary bridge repairs take place
- Credit: Archant
The A14 westbound carriageway is set to close at Stowmarket today, as Highways England work to carry out more repairs to a damaged bridge joint.
The temporary repairs, which are hoped to shore up the joint on the Hill House Viaduct, come after emergency repairs on August 23 brought the town to a standstill.
The carriageway will be shut in the westbound direction between junction 50 and 49 from 8pm tonight (September 1) until 6am tomorrow.
A spokesman for Highways England’s said their road maintenance team will be working hard to carry out further, longer term repairs to the bridge, which carries the A14 over the railway between the two junctions, following temporary repairs completed last week.
They said the work will help secure the joint until a planned permanent repair can be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers planning journeys through the area overnight are advised to allow plenty of extra time to reach their destination, or to use an alternative route to avoid this area if possible.
A fully signed diversion will be in place between the two junctions via the A1120 and the A1308.
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
• For the latest information up to date traffic information, drivers should stay tuned to local radio, or follow Highways England in Twitter @HighwaysEAST