Lane remains closed on A11 southbound following barrier crash
- Credit: MICHAEL DOWLING
A lane of the A11 southbound at Red Lodge remains closed this morning after a car crashed through barriers and onto the A14 below.
The incident happened last night close to junction 38.
Highways England have reported that a lane will remain closed while repair work is carried out.
Suffolk and Cambridgeshire police closed both carriageways last night while a driver was removed from the vehicle, they have since been taken to hospital.
Three crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue were also called to the scene.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said last night that the car had fallen approximately 15m from the A11 above onto the A14.
A spokesman for the services said:"One person was trapped inside the car and crews were working with paramedics using stabilisation and hydraulic cutting equipment to free them from the vehicle."
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man