Lane remains closed on A11 southbound following barrier crash
- Credit: MICHAEL DOWLING
A lane of the A11 southbound at Red Lodge remains closed this morning after a car crashed through barriers and onto the A14 below.
The incident happened last night close to junction 38.
Highways England have reported that a lane will remain closed while repair work is carried out.
Suffolk and Cambridgeshire police closed both carriageways last night while a driver was removed from the vehicle, they have since been taken to hospital.
Three crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue were also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said last night that the car had fallen approximately 15m from the A11 above onto the A14.
A spokesman for the services said:"One person was trapped inside the car and crews were working with paramedics using stabilisation and hydraulic cutting equipment to free them from the vehicle."
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints