Man arrested after car window smashed during A14 domestic incident
- Credit: Archant
Police closed part of the A14 after a pregnant woman was reportedly involved in a domestic incident where a car window was smashed.
Officers received a report of an assault on a pregnant woman aged in her 30s at around 6.20pm on Sunday, August 2.
The woman, who was driving at the time, was said to be involved in a domestic incident with a man - with a window was subsequently broken.
The car stopped on the A14 at Beyton and the man left the vehicle.
The woman and children who were also in the car were not seriously hurt.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said on Monday: “Police were called and conducted an extensive search for the male which necessitated the closure of the A14 in the interests of safety for a while last night.
“Following enquiries a 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault on Clay Road in Bury St Edmunds earlier this morning and take to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning where he remains.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago