A14 chaos hit commuters
EMERGENCY services were today trying to clear up part of the A14 near Newmarket after a lorry shed its load.
COMMUTER traffic was thrown into chaos today when a lorry shed its load of bricks on a major road in Suffolk.
Emergency services were called to the Ipswich-bound carriageway of the A14 near Newmarket at around 7am after the lorry overturned.
The lorry driver was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge but his injuries are not believed to be serious.
One lane of the A14 was blocked, but the whole carriageway was expected to be closed until lunchtime while recovery of the vehicle is arranged.
You may also want to watch:
Police have put diversions in place and advised motorists to avoid the Ipswich-bound carriageway if possible.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well