A14 chaos: Roundabout to close overnight after lorry crash
- Credit: NICK BERRY
Suffolk police say a roundabout connecting the A140 and A14 near Coddenham is expected to be closed overnight while officers work to recover an overturned lorry.
There have been huge delays in the area - of up to 45 minutes - for most of the day after two A14 slip roads were closed to allow the recovery of a lorry, which overturned on a roundabout this morning.
The vehicle was travelling underneath the A14 at junction 51 for the A140 and Coddenham at around 9.50am when it overturned on a roundabout, landing on its side and cracking the windscreen.
MORE: Lorry overturns on A14 roundaboutPolice and paramedics were called to the scene, but it is not thought that the driver suffered any injuries.
Now a police spokeswoman has said the roundabout and the road leading up to it is expected to be closed overnight, with officers set to re-assess the scene in daylight tomorrow (Wednesday).
MORE: Lane re-opens on A14 after crash near CopdockShe was unable to say whether this section of the road is due to be re-opened in the morning in time for rush hour, but said officers were working hard to recover the lorry as soon as possible.
A large crane was used to put the lorry back onto its wheels, however it is still not able to be moved from the road.
You may also want to watch:
The road surface has also been damaged.
One lane of the A14 westbound, between junctions 52 and 51, remains closed but is expected to re-open at around 1am tomorrow.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Highways England's traffic map indicates 'normal traffic conditions' are expected between 1am and 1.15am.