A14: Congestion on dual carriageway around Ipswich after string of crashes
- Credit: Archant
There is congestion on the A14 around Ipswich as a result of two accidents.
At 8.17am two cars were involved in a minor accident on the Orwell Bridge causing blockage on the eastbound carriageway between J56 at Wherstead and J58 at Nacton.
The crash has since been cleared.
Earlier this morning there was a crash on the A14 near Trimley St Martin.
One lane of the A14’s westbound carriageway was blocked between J59 for Trimley St Martin and J58 for the A12 at Seven Hills because of the accident involving a lorry and a car at 6.51am.
It is believed the Peugeot 106 car was trapped under the Mercedes lorry, however there are no injuries reported.
The fire brigade were called to the scene however they were stood down.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 7 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 8 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
One lane of the westbound carriageway was also blocked near the J56 Wherstead interchange because of a broken down lorry.