A14: Congestion on dual carriageway around Ipswich after string of crashes
- Credit: Archant
There is congestion on the A14 around Ipswich as a result of two accidents.
At 8.17am two cars were involved in a minor accident on the Orwell Bridge causing blockage on the eastbound carriageway between J56 at Wherstead and J58 at Nacton.
The crash has since been cleared.
Earlier this morning there was a crash on the A14 near Trimley St Martin.
One lane of the A14’s westbound carriageway was blocked between J59 for Trimley St Martin and J58 for the A12 at Seven Hills because of the accident involving a lorry and a car at 6.51am.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the Peugeot 106 car was trapped under the Mercedes lorry, however there are no injuries reported.
The fire brigade were called to the scene however they were stood down.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
One lane of the westbound carriageway was also blocked near the J56 Wherstead interchange because of a broken down lorry.