Huge tailbacks on A14 after multi-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists on the A14 westbound were stuck in delays of more than 40 minutes after a crash involving several vehicles this morning.
Suffolk Police were called to the A14 shortly after 8.15am after reports of a three-vehicle collision on the road.
The crash occurred between junction 52 for Claydon and junction 51 for Needham Market, causing mass tailbacks.
One lane of the westbound carriageway was shut from 8.30am as the vehicles were blocking part of the road.
The closure caused slow traffic on the eastbound section side as well as severe delays of up to 55 minutes on the A14 westbound between junction 55 for the Copdock Interchange and junction 51 for Needham Market.
Traffic was crawling along at around 5mph at Needham, according to the AA traffic map with eastbound traffic easing between junction 51 and junction 52, with average speeds of 20mph.
Police were able to move the vehicles shorty after 9.05 before recovery arrived at 9.35am.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 4 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
The road was officially cleared just before 10am.
An ambulance was called to the scene but was not needed.