A14 break down causes mile-long tailback
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing delays on the A14 after a van broke down, blocking a lane during rush-hour.
Police were called to the scene of the incident between Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket on the westbound carriageway of the A14, close to junction 40, at 7.55am.
Two police cars arrived at the scene where they found a white van blocking one lane.
Traffic is moving slowly back to junction 41 at Risby.
Police have closed the lane and are remaining at the scene until the van can be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Bury St Edmunds was struck by more traffic problems this morning after a broken down vehicle blocked the westbound slip road at junction 42, close to the British Sugar sugar beet factory.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash