A14: Motorcyclist fractures arm after coming off vehicle on A14
A MOTORCYCLE rider has suffered potentially life-changing injuries after he came off his vehicle on the A14 on Sunday.
Police, paramedics and the air ambulance were all called to the incident, which happened on the Kentford-bound carriageway near Bury St Edmunds, at about 3.05pm.
The carriageway had to be closed off for more than an hour while recovery was arranged and the rider was taken to hospital.
The Ipswich-bound carriageway also had to be closed to traffic for a short so the air ambulance could land.
Last night, a spokesman for Suffolk police said the rider had suffered a badly fractured arm – he added the injuries were potentially life changing.
The rider was eventually taken to hospital however it is unclear whether he was taken by land or air ambulance.
The Ipswich-bound section of the carriageway was re-opened to traffic at about 4.20pm and the other carriageway was re-opened to traffic a short time later.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 7 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking