Hour-long delays after multi-vehicle crash on A14
- Credit: Archant
A collision involving multiple vehicles has caused delays of at least 60 minutes on the Newmarket bypass.
Highways England reported at 6.32pm that a collision had blocked lane one of the A14 on the Newmarket bypass.
It said traffic officers and an ambulance were on the scene dealing with the incident.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue sent one engine from Haverhill to the scene and a spokesperson confirmed that there had been two casualties in the collision - one was left in the care of the ambulance service.
They also said that the collision involved two vehicles which the drivers were removed from.
You may also want to watch:
Lane one and two (of three) are closed on the eastbound carriageway between junction 36 and 37 while emergency services clear the scene.
Highways England has advised motorists to avoid the area.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles