Car on fire in lay-by on A14
- Credit: Archant
A car was found on fire in a lay-by on the A14.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, between junctions 52 at Claydon and 51 at Needham Market, they discovered the vehicle - described as a small car - burning in a lay-by.
Two crews from Ipswich and Needham Market were called to the scene, who quickly extinguished the fire after 20minutes.
Thankfully, no-one was injured during the fire and traffic was unaffected.
Neither the police nor ambulance service were called.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is not yet known, although the weather today is hot and temperatures are set to rise to a staggering 37C later today.
As a result, the RSPCA has warned of the dangers of leaving pets in cars, reminding dog owners doing so is against the law.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'