Car on fire in lay-by on A14
- Credit: Archant
A car was found on fire in a lay-by on the A14.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, between junctions 52 at Claydon and 51 at Needham Market, they discovered the vehicle - described as a small car - burning in a lay-by.
Two crews from Ipswich and Needham Market were called to the scene, who quickly extinguished the fire after 20minutes.
Thankfully, no-one was injured during the fire and traffic was unaffected.
Neither the police nor ambulance service were called.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is not yet known, although the weather today is hot and temperatures are set to rise to a staggering 37C later today.
As a result, the RSPCA has warned of the dangers of leaving pets in cars, reminding dog owners doing so is against the law.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth