Part of A14 to close on weeknights for roadworks
A stretch of the A14 outside Bury St Edmunds will be closed on weeknights until December to allow for the road to be resurfaced.
The westbound carriageway between junctions 46 and 51 will be closed to traffic between the hours of 8pm and 6am from Monday to Friday.
The roadworks are expected to last until Friday, December 11.
Motorists travelling westbound from Ipswich will be advised to take a diversion via the A140 towards Scole before joining the A143, which leads to Bury St Edmunds.
A local diversion will also be in place from the A1088.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England has already confirmed two months of overnight closures on the A14, a key freight route, just outside of Ipswich in the new year.
However, this has raised fears of long queues of lorries as the works are planned to start just four days after the Brexit transition period ends.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'