A14: Shocked drivers encounter toilet lying in busy morning carriageway
DRIVERS were left stunned this morning when they ended up having to drive around a portable toilet lying in the busy A14.
The loo was first reported in the inside lane of the eastbound carriageay near Stowmarket at about 7.20am.
Police were called out to remove it.
It is understood the toilet had fallen from a lorry after the strapping holding it in place was broken.
The lorry driver later came back to collect it.
You may also want to watch:
Driver Edward James, who was travelling on the opposite side of the road, said he was shocked to see a portable toilet lying in the road.
The toilet was removed at 7.30am.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches