Lorry and overturned trailer blocked A14
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A lorry collided with an overturned trailer that came loose from its car on the A14 in the early hours of this morning.
Around 4.45am on Monday, February 11, a lorry collided with a trailer on the A14 near Stowmarket, on the westbound carriageway near junction 50.
The road was completely blocked in both directions for a time while trailer debris was cleared away but has now reopened.
There were no injuries reported and the drivers of the lorry and the car, a Ford mondeo, left the scene in their vehicles.
Suffolk Constabulary called for a recovery vehicle remove the trailer and debris, which was obstructing one lane of traffic up to 8am.
You may also want to watch:
The AA Traffic map received this report around 5.45am: “One lane blocked and very slow traffic due to accident on A14 Westbound from J50 to the A1120 at Stowupland to J49 to the A1308 to Tot Hill, Stowmarket.
“One lane remains closed and the accident happened at around 4.45am this morning which fully blocked the road.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home