Drivers warned of A14 delays as police escort abnormal load
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned by police that they may face delays on the A14 when a huge boat is escorted to Ipswich.
The vessel measuring 5.245m wide, 24.86m long and 5.2m tall will be escorted by police down the A14 and into Ipswich down to West End Road tomorrow (Friday, February 21).
Suffolk police will escort the boat from Quy Bridge on the Cambridgeshire and Suffolk border before its journey from Fairline Boats in Northamptonshire.
Delays are expected to occur at around 11.30am as the boat is moved from the B1506 at Kentford on to the A14.
It will then be taken from the A14 to London Road, and then on to West End Road where it will be taken to Ipswich Marine Haven.
You may also want to watch:
Delays can be expected along these routes.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship