Huge delays on A14 due to vehicle fire
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of long delays on the A14 this morning after a car caught alight.
The AA's online traffic map shows several miles of delays around Woolpit on the westbound carriageway, heading in the direction towards Cambridge and away from Ipswich.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed a Ford Fusion car had caught fire on the on-slip.
Witnesses said traffic is has been building up for miles, while Suffolk Fire and Rescue's incident log said crews from Bury St Edmunds and Elmswell went to the scene at 7.06am this morning (Tuesday, December 17).
A stop time, where the fire is deemed to be under control, was declared at 7.41am.
You may also want to watch:
The delays later cleared shortly after the morning rush hour.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post