A14 westbound, Ipswich
During overnight maintenance and resurfacing work the A14 westbound at Ipswich between J55 (Copdock Mill) and J54 (Sproughton) will be closed on 7 and 8 June between 9pm and 5.
During overnight maintenance and resurfacing work the A14 westbound at Ipswich between J55 (Copdock Mill) and J54 (Sproughton) will be closed on 7 and 8 June between 9pm and 5.30am, when traffic flows are lower.
The closure will provide a safe working area for the workforce and allow the work to be carried out more quickly.
A 40mph speed limit will be in place on the approach to the roadworks.
A clearly signed diversion route will direct westbound traffic from J55, towards Ipswich on the A1214, left onto the A1156 Norwich Road to rejoin the A14 at J53 (Whitehouse interchange).
You may also want to watch:
There is a height restriction on the bridge along the A1156 Norwich Road; therefore over-height vehicles will be directed along an alternative route after exiting at J55, along A1071, B1113 through Sproughton to rejoin the A14 at J52 (Claydon interchange).
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash