A14 reopens after broken down lorry causes delay
The A14 near Stowmarket has fully reopened after a lorry blocked one lane after one of its tyres blew out.
The lane was closed on the A14 westbound at junction 50, Cedars Link, due to the lorry which was parked on the verge.
Tyre engineers travelled from Ipswich and the lorry continued to block the lane until the wheel was been replaced, according to a police spokesman, as it could not be moved as it’s damaged state.
Officers were on scene and directing traffic which was moving very slowly past the blockage which has now been fully cleared.
They were initially called at 4.45pm to news of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was seen tailing back towards junction 49 and police were asking drivers to avoid the area if at all possible.
We will keep you up to date with the situation with information as we get it.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 9 Crash between two motorbikes
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move