Rush hour A14 crash causing miles of tailbacks
There was traffic chaos on the A14 after two vehicles collided during rush hour, blocking one lane.
Police were called to reports of a crash involving two vehicles on the A14 westbound near Woolpit, between Stowmarket and Bury St Edmunds.
Paramedics and police officers are both at the scene.
There are no reported injuries but police have closed one lane while they work to clear the road of debris and vehicles.
The cars, a Nissan Qashqai and a Honda Civic are now awaiting recovery.
You may also want to watch:
The incident has happened just before the junction 47 at Woolpit, with no exit from the carriageway possible before junction 49 at Tot Hill.
As a result commuters saw traffic jams as far back as the Tot Hill roundabout while they tried to get to work.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
The eastbound carriageway remained open and traffic is expected to clear from the area once the second lane is reopened and the cars are removed from the scene.