Rush hour A14 crash causing miles of tailbacks
There was traffic chaos on the A14 after two vehicles collided during rush hour, blocking one lane.
Police were called to reports of a crash involving two vehicles on the A14 westbound near Woolpit, between Stowmarket and Bury St Edmunds.
Paramedics and police officers are both at the scene.
There are no reported injuries but police have closed one lane while they work to clear the road of debris and vehicles.
The cars, a Nissan Qashqai and a Honda Civic are now awaiting recovery.
The incident has happened just before the junction 47 at Woolpit, with no exit from the carriageway possible before junction 49 at Tot Hill.
As a result commuters saw traffic jams as far back as the Tot Hill roundabout while they tried to get to work.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
The eastbound carriageway remained open and traffic is expected to clear from the area once the second lane is reopened and the cars are removed from the scene.