A140 blocked after 55 tonne crane truck overturns and hits garden walls
- Credit: Archant
The A140 is currently blocked in both directions after a crane truck overturned in the carriageway in Earl Stonham.
Police were called to the road shortly after 2.30pm, following reports that the truck had overturned near to the junction with the A1120.
It is understood the truck – which is said to weigh 55 tonnes – also collided with two garden walls and a telegraph pole.
A police spokeswoman said two people inside the truck have not suffered any injuries.
No other vehicles were involved.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England crews have arrived at the scene to help assist in clearing an oil spill caused by the accident – although police have been unable to confirm when the scene will be cleared.
Traffic is currently stretching as far back as the A14.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street