A140 blocked after 55 tonne crane truck overturns and hits garden walls
- Credit: Archant
The A140 is currently blocked in both directions after a crane truck overturned in the carriageway in Earl Stonham.
Police were called to the road shortly after 2.30pm, following reports that the truck had overturned near to the junction with the A1120.
It is understood the truck – which is said to weigh 55 tonnes – also collided with two garden walls and a telegraph pole.
A police spokeswoman said two people inside the truck have not suffered any injuries.
No other vehicles were involved.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England crews have arrived at the scene to help assist in clearing an oil spill caused by the accident – although police have been unable to confirm when the scene will be cleared.
Traffic is currently stretching as far back as the A14.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 The Verdict: More delusion and fabrication... Sorry Mr Lambert, this is simply unacceptable
- 3 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 4 'I thought we were really good' - Lambert's assessment of dire 1-0 home loss to Peterborough
- 5 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show
- 6 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 7 'We've got to put pressure on people to raise the standards,' says Town legend Mills
- 8 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 9 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 10 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go