Busy road blocked after two car crash
- Credit: Archant
A busy road in Suffolk has been closed after a two vehicle crash at a major junction.
The A143 is shut in both directions after the crash near Little Wratting at the crossroads with the B1061 and Haverhill Road.
Suffolk police were called to the incident shortly after 6.20pm today.
Two vehicles were reportedly in a ditch. However, there are not believed to be any injuries.
The ambulance service have been called to the scene and officers are reporting that one person will remain in one of the vehicles until they are checked as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews from Clare, Haverhill and Wickhambrook have been called to the scene.
The road, which connects Haverhill to Bury St Edmunds, will be closed for the foreseeable future and officers are advising motorists to avoid the area or allow for delays.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 7 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 8 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement