Delays expected as police escort abnormal load
- Credit: CARL HUMPHREY
Motorists are being advised that they may experience delays as police are set to escort an abnormal load through Suffolk.
A boat will be escorted from Commercial Road, in Lowestoft, to Morton Peto Road, in Great Yarmouth, today.
Suffolk Police will begin the escort at 10am from Lowestoft, with delays expected along a number of roads.
The abnormal load will take the following route across Suffolk:
Local Roads – Station Square – A47 – Denmark Rd – Peto Way – A1117 – A47 – Williams Adams Way – Harfreys Rd – Morton Peto Rd – local roads to site.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police tweeted that delays may be caused as a result and motorists are advised to check their journeys before travelling.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic