Police escort of abnormal load from Harwich to Bawdsey is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
An abnormal load, which was expected to cause delays for motorists in Suffolk and Essex this morning, has been cancelled.
Suffolk police said officers would be escorting the load on its route from Harwich Docks to Ferry Road in Bawdsey.
However, shortly before officers were scheduled to begin the escort, the force tweeted the journey had been cancelled.
In Suffolk, the load would have travelled along the A12 from the Essex border - A14 - A12 - A1152 - B1083 - Sutton Heath Estate - Heath Rd - Woodbridge Rd - The Street - Fox Hill - School Lane - Alderton Road - Hollesley Road - B1083 - The Street - Ferry Road.
Suffolk police had been due to begin the escort at 9am from A12 North Martlesham layby.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known whether the abnormal load will be rescheduled.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move