Delays expected as 44,000kg silo transported through Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to expect delays as a huge silo is transported through Suffolk today.
Police says motorists may experience delays from 6am while a 44,000kg silo is escorted through the county from Rowland Woodhouse, Laundry Loke in Norfolk to Harlow, Essex.
The escort will head from Rowland Woodhouse to Laundray Loke and Folgate Road.
It will then travel on the B1145, later joining the A149 before joining the B1152, A1064, A47, A11 to the A14 Cambridge border.
The abnormal load is 4.7m wide, 4.9m high and 23m long.
Norfolk Police will escort the load from Rowland Woodhouse to the A11 at Bartons Mills roundabout on the first leg of the silo’s 113 mile journey before the escort is taken over by Suffolk Police.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue