Accident involving car and pedestrian shuts Old Heath Road in Colchester
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A rush hour crash involving a car and a pedestrian closed part of a busy road in Colchester earlier today.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Old Heath Road, between Recreation Road and Scarlett’s Road, at around 5pm.
They were responding to reports a car and a pedestrian had been involved in an accident.
Witnesses reported seeing several police cars and ambulances at the scene.
It is not clear yet if anyone has been hurt, or how seriously.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic built up in both directions while emergency crews responded to the incident.
Old Heath Road was partially closed while police carried out investigation work at the scene.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 8 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
The road re-opened at around 6.15pm.