Man taken to hospital after accident involving motorcycle and cement mixer lorry on A120
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s has been taken to hospital following a crash between a motorbike and a cement mixer on the A120.
The incident closed the westbound carriageway between the B1018, Galleys Corner, and the B1256, Notley Green, near Freeport shopping centre in Braintree, around 1.35pm.
The road has now reopened but delays were earlier reported in the area.
Ambulance crews, including the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance, attended the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 1.38pm earlier today to reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a lorry on the A120 at Freeport, Braintree.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew, a rapid response vehicle, two HART (Hazardous Area Response Team) vehicles and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance to the scene. “They treated one male patient believed to be in his 60s at the scene and transferred him to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford by land ambulance for further care.
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency