Drunken clubber attacked women in nightclub fracas

The attack took place inside and outside Infinity nightclub, in Sudbury Picture: GOOGLE

The attack took place inside and outside Infinity nightclub, in Sudbury Picture: GOOGLE - Credit: Google

A drunken clubber assaulted three women on the dancefloor of a Sudbury nightclub then attacked a fourth while handcuffed outside, a court heard.

Adelle Fayers, of Deanery Close, Sudbury, admitted four counts of assault and one count of threatening behaviour at Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich on Friday.

One of the 29-year-old's victims said she was too afraid to leave the house after being attacked inside Infinity nightclub on October 6 last year.

Prosecutor Colette Harper said the entire incident unfolded on the dancefloor at about 1.10am.

She said Fayers had been drunkenly dancing with a male clubber, who moved away to find another partner when her behaviour became inappropriate.

Fayers then marched over to the other female and swung her to the floor by the hair, before targeting another woman who went to comfort the first victim.

The second victim was knocked unconscious as Fayers hauled her to the floor after biting her face and grabbing her round the neck.

Most Read

She underwent scans for a possible bleed on the brain, was referred to a speech therapist and diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome as result of the attack.

Fayers was arrested after leaving a third female with facial injuries by hauling her to the floor by the hair.

Outside, in handcuffs, she was heard protesting innocence and making threats, before shoving another woman into a wall.

David Shipman, mitigating, said Fayers had previously and subsequently been the target of ill-feeling on social media.

He said the former care worker and single mum was forced to quit work to care full-time for her own mother in recent years.

He said Fayers had been celebrating her mother recovering enough for her to return work, as well as her own recovery from an abusive relationship, but became highly intoxicated and overreacted to pushing and shoving on both sides.

"She behaved in an entirely inappropriate manner," he added.

A pre-sentence report confirmed that Fayers had suffered trauma before the incident and online abuse in the aftermath.

Magistrates handed her a 12-month community order, with 100 hours of unpaid work, 30 rehabilitation activity days and a requirement to attend a thinking skills programme.

She was ordered to pay each victim £60 in compensation.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter