Adult learners at West Suffolk College’s Sudbury centre toast GCSE success
- Credit: Archant
Adult learners at West Suffolk College’s Sudbury centre have been praised for their “determination, resilience and hard work” following a successful set of GCSE English and maths results.
The learners, aged from 18 to 69, achieved an excellent set of results, with 76% of the 21 students gaining the GCSE English pass rate of grades 4-9 – 28% above the national rate.
The maths pass rate for A*-C was 66% – 18% above the national rate – and 29 learners sat the exam.
Gill Corke, Sudbury centre coordinator, said: “Both the English and maths GCSE have undergone a complete change and last year was the first time that we had students studying the new syllabus for English.
“Our students did exceptionally well in comparison to the national rates, despite the exams being significantly more challenging, making it harder to ensure a good pass.
You may also want to watch:
“Adult students can be commended on their determination, resilience and hard work as they juggle jobs, families and busy lives around their studies.”
For further information on GCSEs contact the Sudbury Centre of West Suffolk College on 01787 880619.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson