Advice for west Suffolk landlords offered at forum
- Credit: Archant
Landlords will be able to get advice about changes to the law at a forum held next month.
The law around Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs) and the need for Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) is changing and both matters will be discusses at the West Suffolk Landlords Forum.
The forum will be held on September 5, from 4pm-6pm, at West Suffolk House in Bury St Edmunds.
Those attending will also be able to discuss winter heating issues, especially for older or vulnerable tenants, and the support which can be accessed.
Sara Mildmay-White, cabinet member for housing at west Suffolk councils, said: “We know that a great many of our local residents rent their homes and that one of the best ways that we can support them is by working with landlords.
“That is why we set up the forum at the beginning of this year.
“It offers somewhere where landlords can raise their concerns, ask about the support that is available to them or their tenants and get advice or updates on their own legal responsibilities to their tenants.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 7 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 10 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
“It is also enable us to work more closely with landlords to try to ensure the availability and suitability of homes to meet the growing demand.”
The forum is free to attend, is open to all private landlords in the west Suffolk area, whether they own a large portfolio of properties or just one or two, and offers an opportunity for private landlords to meet, share knowledge and good practice.
Places can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org