Affordable homes in Lavenham up for building excellence award
- Credit: Archant
An affordable home development in Lavenham – the first in the district for nearly 30 years – has been shortlisted for an award.
The homes on Meadow Court, which were commissioned by Babergh District Council, have been nominated in the East Anglia Building Excellence Awards 2018.
The 12 new houses will go in the best social or affordable housing development category following completion of the project in April last year.
The winners of the awards will be announced on June 29 at King’s College, Cambridge.
Jan Osborne, Babergh’s cabinet member for housing, said: “Our Housing Team work very hard to develop opportunities for new and sustainable affordable housing across Babergh, and this nomination is recognition of just how much work goes into these new homes.
You may also want to watch:
“In this case there was a lot of work with and support from Lavenham Parish Council and, working with them, we have delivered new homes that not only meet local need, but as this nomination shows, set a regional standard for new housing.”
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale