Aftermath of Storm David - here are the current delays on the roads and rails
A number of roads and rail lines remain closed in the aftermath of Storm David - here is a rundown of where to avoid on your trip home.
Although traffic in Ipswich appears to be moving smoothly at the moment, there are reports of flooding on the B1456 The Strand, both ways between the B1080 Main Road and Bourne Hill.
The AA report the road is ‘just passable’ but there may be traffic delays in the area as a result.
A stretch of the B1078 between Otley and Debach remains closed, both ways between B1079 and Martins Lane, due to a fallen tree.
A number of train services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich have been cancelled, delayed or revised after the high winds damaged overhead electric wires between Stowmarket and Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, services have been suspended between Norwich and Ipswich
Passengers needing to travel on Greater Anglia services between Liverpool Street and Norwich are advised to travel via Cambridge and Ely.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
It expected to take 70 to 85 minutes to travel from Liverpool Street to Cambridge and then 80 minutes from Cambridge to Norwich.
Stay with us as we will be updating this story through rush hour.