Afternoon travel: Latest on roads and rail
SUFFOLK: No major problems have been reported on the roads approaching rush hour, though adverse weather conditions led to the launch of Operation Stack this afternoon.
The old A45, Felixstowe Road, in Levington was closed both ways, shortly after 3pm, as winds heightened.
Anyone travelling westbound on the A14 also faced earlier delays caused by a broken down car between Nacton Interchange and Wherstead Interchange.
Rail users faced long delays this morning due to overunning engineering works. Some passengers leaving Ipswich reached London more than an hour late.
The delays, though not as severe, continued into the afternoon and commuters may face hold-ups on their journeys home.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia apologised for the disruption, saying Network Rail engineering works taking place between Stratford and Ilford were subject to a lengthy overrun which caused delays and disruption to services through Stratford.
Just two lines were available, leading to changes and alterations to the scheduled timetable.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
A full peak service is expected to run from London Liverpool Street this evening but journeys may still be delayed.
Elsewhere, a fallen tree is causing disruption at Oulton Broad South, meaning delays of up to 45 minutes between Ipswich and Lowestoft.