Afternoon travel update: Latest on the roads
Few problems have been reported on the region’s roads as rush hour approaches.
Earlier breakdowns caused temporary hold-ups for drivers but have since been cleared, making way for generally smooth running traffic and trains this afternoon.
A broken down lorry blocked a lane of the A12 at Wickham Market shortly after 2pm, affecting one lane of the southbound carriageway near the turn for Campsey Ash.
Traffic was allowed to pass the obstruction, which was soon cleared.
Ongoing roadworks are currently the only reason for any delays to journeys, with temporary traffic lights, roadworks and water main work continuing in Back Hamlet, Spring Road and Charles Street, Ipswich; Bucklesham, Road Nacton; Silver Hill, Hintlesham; Creeting Road, Stowmarket; Tayfen Road, Bury St Edmunds; Ipswich Road and The Thoroughfare, Woodbridge; and Lincoln Terrace, Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
As on the roads, railway journeys are without any major problems, with replacement bus service running only between Norwich and Lowestoft due to engineering works.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship