Age is no barrier for sales manager
- Credit: supplied
An ambitious young salesman is celebrating after landing a senior role at the age of just 24.
Stowmarket-born and bred Craig Daniels beat off stiff competition to become one of Volkswagen’s youngest sales managers at his local retailer, Barnards Volkswagen.
Craig said: “Becoming a sales manager at 24 is pretty unusual but I am loving every minute. I am extremely proud of what I have achieved so far in my career and look forward to working with the team at Barnards.”
The new job marks a return to Barnards for Craig who started his automotive career there aged 14. In January 2013 Craig moved from Barnards to become assistant sales manager at Ipswich Volkswagen.
After working for the brand for more than 10 years, and being named the UK’s top salesman for Volkswagen, Craig has proved his passion for selling cars. In his first week back at Barnards his team of three salesmen, one trainee, a business manager and two administrators sold a 2014 record-breaking 22 cars.
You may also want to watch:
“Selling cars is something that I really enjoy, and to be given the chance to really show what I can do is a great honour for me. I feel very passionately about the work I do.”
Gary Halestrap, brand manager at Barnards Volkswagen, said: “It is great to have Craig back.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
“He has proved his dedication and skill and really deserves this promotion. His strong motivation and commitment to his work is a quality that we value and I’m sure our customers will appreciate.”
Alongside his new role, Craig will continue to develop his managerial skills by becoming a Volkswagen approved manager as he undertakes the two-year Volkswagen Training programme at the Milton Keynes head office.