Air ambulance called to serious crash blocking A140 in both directions
There has been a serious crash on the A140 this evening.
It involved two vehicles, a silver Volkswagen Passat and a white Renault Trafic minibus, and was reported to police around 5.30pm.
It happened near the junction with the A14 near Coddenham and has blocked part of the road in both directions.
Ambulances have been seen attending the incident and the air ambulance attended the scene.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue service put on its Facebook page it sent fire engines from Stowmarket and Princes Street, Ipswich to the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The update said there were five casualties with two released before crews arrived.
Three others were cut out by firefighters.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors