Air ambulance helps woman after fall from horse
A WOMAN was taken to hospital by air ambulance after falling from her horse on a remote country footpath today.
The 61-year-old rider fell from the animal on a path behind Grimston Hall in Trimley St Martin.
She was initially knocked unconscious and sustained a head and neck injury in the incident.
The ambulance service was called at 10.16am and sent a crew to the scene but the furthest they could reach was Grimston Lane, about half a mile from where the woman had fallen.
“We were told at that stage that she was conscious and breathing but she could not remember what had happened and didn’t think she was injured, though there was suspicion of a spinal injury,” said a East Anglian Ambulance Trust spokeswoman.
You may also want to watch:
The service called Anglia One, the air ambulance serving Norfolk and Suffolk, to assist at 10.59am and the crew was on the scene by 11.15am, landing in a field not far from the incident.
“Anglia One was tasked because the patient was in a remote location and a road ambulance could not get closer than half a mile away from her,” said a spokeswoman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
“The patient was placed in the care of the aircraft’s EEAST critical care paramedic Andy Downes and Dr Jeremy Mauger and she was conveyed by air to Ipswich Hospital.”
The helicopter took off at 11.44am and arrived at the hospital at 11.47am.