Comedian Alan Carr spotted serving ice-cream in seaside town filming BBC show
Chatty Man comedian Alan Carr visited Walton-on-the-Naze yesterday to film for an episode of a BBC TV series.
The 44-year-old spent the day in the Essex seaside town as part of the new series of BBC Two’s Interior Design Masters which will be airing next year.
The television personality was seen enjoying himself on the beach with celebrity friend Lisa Armstrong, before rolling up his sleeves to serve some ice-cream.
Daniel Hurley owns Hurley’s Ices and regularly hires out to production companies, so was thrilled when the BBC got in touch about the filming.
He said: “Hurley’s enjoy this type of work, we get regular calls from clients for hire work.
“The day was good there is always something new to learn – Alan was fun and nice to see a comedian trying to make himself an ice cream.
“We at Hurley’s get regular calls for hire work or film industry it’s one of our speciality’s, including weddings events and festivals.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
“So we know what it’s like to work with TV crews and actors, there are never two days the same.
“They can be long days, but always enjoyable just like Hurley’s ice cream.”