Alarm helps stop kitchen fire in time

AN automatic fire alarm today prevented an unattended saucepan from causing a house fire in Felixstowe.

AN automatic fire alarm today prevented an unattended saucepan from causing a house fire in Felixstowe.

The pan, which had been left on a stove at a Manning Road home, started smoking and set off the alarm at 7.39pm.

The fire service was alerted to the incident and a crew from Felixstowe mobilised.

The occupants of the house returned while firefighters were in attendance and the area was made safe by 8pm.