Special charity pub quizzes about Suffolk aims to raise thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 600 people are expected to take part in a charity quiz about Suffolk.
Parallel pub quizzes are set to be held to raise money for the Alde and Ore Estuary.
The events will be held at local pubs, halls and restaurants along the estuary on Friday, November 22.
Local celebrity quizmasters will host the events to raise money for flood defences. Questions have been written by actor Max Norman.
Event organiser Clare Greenwell, said: "We are absolutely delighted to have the support of Max and so many local pubs and venues for an exciting evening of quizzing.
You may also want to watch:
"It is sure to be a fun and relaxed event, with a surprise local celebrity quizmaster at each of the venues to help repeat the fundraising success of the first Save Our Suffolk Estuary pub quiz in 2017, which raised over £40,000 for the trust.
"We are determined to raise a substantial amount of money again this year to protect our beautiful Suffolk coast from flooding."
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 7 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
All of the pub quiz entry donations are to be used to support the upgrade of vital flood defences of the river Alde and Ore, and this is being made possible thanks to the support of Best of Suffolk and Pinney's of Orford.
- To book tickets, visit the AOET website.