Aldeburgh: Call for businesses to unite to bolster trade
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESS representatives in a coastal town are set to hold a “high street summit” to discuss pressing issues and ways to boost trade.
Organisers Aldeburgh Business Association are encouraging anyone with a business in the town to attend the session at the White Lion, at 8am tomorrow.
Naomi Tarry, chairman of the association, said: “High streets across the UK are coming increasingly under threat but by all of us working together in Aldeburgh, I strongly believe we can help create a healthy future for our unique and special High Street.
“We will be asking ourselves some direct questions about why people do and don’t currently shop in Aldeburgh, and what we can do to make shopping in Aldeburgh more attractive. Parking is one of the issues that often comes up and we’ll be exploring specific measures to propose to Suffolk Coastal District Council, which controls the town’s parking.
“We are encouraging all Aldeburgh business owners and managers to come to the meeting, regardless of whether they are members of the Aldeburgh Business Association.
“I think it’s important to be as inclusive as possible and get everyone involved.”
Last year an “Independents Day” was held in the town to try to show opposition to plans for a new Tesco store in Aldeburgh.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
Email email@example.com to confirm attendance.