Great British Bake Off’s Prue Leith to appear at first day of Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival
The renowned Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival begins in Snape Maltings today.
Over 100 food and drink companies will be gathered at the festival displaying a range of local produce.
For many, the highlight of the two-day festival comes this afternoon as Great British Bake Off star Prue Leith takes to the stage at midday.
Prue will be speaking with chef and food writer Thomasina Miers about her life as well as giving her cooking tips and favourite recipes.
Copies of her new book will also be available.
You may also want to watch:
A large number of chefs, writers and food producers will be speaking to festival goers including Bake-Off semi-finalist from 2014 Chetna Makan. 2018 Masterchef winner Kenny Tutt and Justin Kett the head chef at The Swan at Lavenham.
Visitors will also be able to take part in a number of master classes on both days with everything from Indian street food to sugar free baking being discussed.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
Adnams will be returning with their Drinks Experience with a range of talks, tasting and demonstrations on offer.
For parents the hillfarm family meadow area will have a number of attractions for youngsters to enjoy including a large combine harvester.
The festival continues until Sunday.