Spot yourself in foodie heaven on Day One of Aldeburgh festival
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The best that Suffolk has to offer was enjoyed by thousands of visitors who flocked to the opening day of the Aldeburgh Food & Drink festival.
More than 100 producers took part in the two day event at Snape Maltings which has been voted one of the best in Europe.
Visitors tucked into a huge range of tasty treats as well as enjoying events such as cookery masterclasses and demonstrations by leading chefs and writers.
Bake Off stars Chetna Makan and James Morton had their own room hosting their 'Eat, Sleep, Bake, Repeat' classes teaching budding bakers techniques for getting the best out of their bread.
Younger visitors were also catered for with children's cooking classes at the Hillfarm Family Meadow.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday will see more of the same with Masterchef winners Thomasina Miers and Kenny Tutt and TV chefs Joe Hurd and Kowklyn Wan among the experts giving talks and deminstrations, plus local talent including Moraine Pepper and Greig Young, who are Young Chef of the Year and Head Chef at The Northgate in Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site