Aldeburgh: Microwave fire brought under control by crews

Crews have extinguished a microwave fire

Crews have extinguished a microwave fire - Credit: Archant

Crews were called to help an “elderly” resident whose microwave was on fire in their home.

Firefighters went out to a property in Barley Lands, Aldeburgh, just before 2am this morning.

The resident was said to have been unable to isolate the appliance’s electricity supply.

The fire was confined to the microwave which was removed and put out by 2.15am. Crews then reassured the resident and checked the home.

No-one was injured in the fire and crews returned to their stations by 2.25am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus