Aldeburgh: Police linking burglaries at Munchies and the Regatta
- Credit: Archant
Police are linking two overnight burglaries in a coastal town.
Munchies, on Aldeburgh High Street, was broken into by a man who forced his way through the rear door of the cafe shortly after 1am this morning.
Suffolk police said the male managed to steal a four figure sum of cash and a computer tablet, and left walking along the High Street.
Officers are linking the break in to another burglary at the Regatta, which is also on the High Street.
The incident happened between 11pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Thieves forced their way in through a rear door and stole a three figure sum of cash.
“Forensic examinations of the scenes have been carried out, as have house to house enquiries.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
“CCTV will also be examined in further detail.
“Anyone with information is urged to call Halesworth Police Station on 101 quoting reference LE/14/975 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.”