Aldeburgh: TV personality to switch on town’s Christmas lights
A SUFFOLK town has revealed which household name will be switching on its Christmas lights next month.
TV funnyman Lenny Henry will activate Aldeburgh’s festive illuminations.
Aldeburgh Business Association (ABA) will be creating a winter wonderland with over 150 lit Christmas trees dotted around the town.
The celebrations begin at 10am on Saturday, November 24, with a series of masterclasses in Aldeburgh High Street, where shops and businesses will host festive-themed events including wine tasting, butchery, floristry, the art of present wrapping, Christmas baking, jive dancing and more.
The afternoon will feature performances from local musicians Abbigail Harrison, Craig Cameron and Bass Line, as well as brass bands and the Aldeburgh choir.
You may also want to watch:
There will be stalls with mulled wine and cider, mince pies and Christmas fare, along with street food including Munchies Barbecue and Paella, Eliza and Oh’s Thai Kitchen, a Hog Roast, and the White Lion’s festive baps and roasted chestnuts.
Father Christmas will arrive in a horse drawn carriage at his grotto, and family fun and activities will include children’s rides, traditional games, face painting, pony and trap rides, as well as street entertainers, dancers and performers. The Youth Bus will also be based in the High Street, where Aldeburgh Book Shop will also launch of the final volume of Benjamin Britten letters.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Lenny Henry will be assisted in switching on the lights by the winner of the Aldeburgh Primary School Christmas poster competition.
The evening will be rounded off with a lantern procession arriving at 6pm for the firework display on Aldeburgh beach, in front of the Brudenell Hotel.