London Boat Show 2018: Meet heroes of the sailing world
- Credit: Archant
The sailing world is full of heroes, adventurers and exciting stories. And visitors to the London Boat Show in January can meet some of them in the new Legends Theatre.
The Legends Theatre, hosted by Sky Sports presenter Alec Wilkinson, will bring together a league of elite sailors all eager to share their stories, insights and adventures.
Drawn from across the boating world, celebrities will include Vendée Globe veteran Mike Golding, record-breaking yachtswoman Dee Caffari, and for Radio 4 listeners, the voice of the Shipping Forecast Zeb Soanes, formerly from Lowestoft,who will be sharing the lowdown on Dogger Bank and the Faro Isles.
Look out for the Innovations Show, a session dedicated to the latest innovations the marine industry has to offer.
Confirmed speakers include:
You may also want to watch:
The Ocean Brothers: Dr Greg Bailey and Jude Massey
Before departing from Gran Canaria in January 2018, embarking on 11 weeks and 3,000 miles of continuous rowing, there will be a live link-up with the Ocean Brothers.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Round the world sailing legend and World Sailing’s Sustainability ambassador.
The voice of the Shipping Forecast and a former Lowestoft lad returns to the show with an insight into how this very British radio tradition gets on air.
Inspired by legend Chay Blyth, Caspar, his wife and his three children sailed around the world. He will be sharing visitors their dramatic story of courage and survival.
Circumnavigated the world three times, Conrad was selected as the skipper of Bounty’s End in C4 reality show, Mutiny which reconstructed Captain Bligh’s 4000 mile voyage of survival.
Dee was the first woman to sail single handedly around the world in both directions, and will record a special message from her Volvo Ocean Boat Race.
Tracy Edwards MBE
A true legend of British sailing and the first woman to be awarded Yachtsman of the Year.