Alert after chemical spill
CHEMICAL experts were called into action yesterday when three 25 litre containers marked “harmful and flammable” were spilt.Three fire engines from Ipswich and support units from Felixstowe and Haverhill were called to Toller Road at 3.
CHEMICAL experts were called into action yesterday when three 25 litre containers marked “harmful and flammable” were spilt.
Three fire engines from Ipswich and support units from Felixstowe and Haverhill were called to Toller Road at 3.20pm yesterday, after reports of the spill.
The area was immediately cordoned off for public safety and a decontamination area set us as teams dressed in chemical proof suits treated the site.
It was later discovered that the spilt substance is sprayed on walls as a protective covering.
You may also want to watch:
Karl Rolfe, assistant divisional officer, said “It looks like the drums have been dumped as they are just inside a gateway off the pavement.
“We are treating it as a chemical incident and our people are dressed in gas-tight suits to protect themselves.”
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout